Saturday, October 13, 2007

Get some exercise and make a difference to your day?

I don't know why, but there are times when I can't concentrate in anything. I know what I want to do, and what I need to get done, but at those times, I either just don't have a will strong enough to do them or simply have no energy. It's nothing like agony, but something like chronic exhaust. Don't know why...

I had also been having sleeping problems until recently. Of course, living a rigorous and irregular schedule probably wasn't helping that at all, but still, I just couldn't get to sleep. I would go to bed, yawn, hoping to fall asleep... but then I would start thinking about all these things from what to do tomorrow to things I want to do in the future. Hours would pass away, and the next time I see the clock it's like four in the morning. No wonder I heard some birds starting to sing.

So today, I decided to go jogging with some of my friends who make it a routine to do it twice a week. We went to Yoyogi Park, one of the three or four big chunks of nature in cramped and bustling Tokyo. A nice day, 20 degrees celsius, beautiful blue sky, a weather not so common in the middle of October. It really helped me get refreshed, after all, I realized I hadn't really taken any exercise for a month or two. Boy, how just putting a pair of sneakers and going jogging with a couple of friends made the day so much different. After that I went to Jimbocho (an area in Tokyo with 150 bookstores) to search for a Japanese-Thai-English dictionary, and went on to Akihabara (an area in Tokyo with as many electric appliance stores) to do my part-time job.

I guess it's important to take some exercise from time to time, for reasons some of which I'm not sure of. Well, don't know how much difference it's going to make to tonight's sleep, but I think I'll go to bed now, hoping I have more concentration tomorrow. I've got to study dermatology... :-)

No comments: